Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure
The Ultimate Nova Scotia Experience!
Climb aboard and hold on tight as you experience the magic of the Shubenacadie River – unlike any river you’ve seen before. The locals call it the “Shubie” River and it’s the backdrop for this one-of-a-kind and wild culinary journey that is perfect for the adventurer with a taste for the extravagant.
Feel the wind on your face while your pro river guide navigates the ever changing shape and mood of the river, cruise by soaring seabirds and bald eagles, nesting ashore and fishing the racing waters. As the water flows out towards the Bay of Fundy, it exposes the titanium infused river-bed floor. Your guide will lead you to a private sandbar in the middle of the river, where a gourmet seafood lunch on a linen table setting awaits you. The lunch is paired perfectly with an assortment of local signature wines called Tidal Bay – inspired by the dramatic influence of the Bay of Fundy tides.
After lunch take a walk around the river floor but keep your eyes and ears open as the river quickly transforms before your eyes, reversing it’s flow inland and filling with 160 billion tonnes of water- enough to fill the Grand Canyon twice a day – and enough for your heart to skip a beat! Where you sat having lunch moments before, is now your personal playground for your thrilling ride on the coppery tidal bore waves.
You’ll experience the waves powered by the Bay of Fundy and when the waves subside, have some fun in the mud and channel your inner child as you slip and slide down the muddy river banks.
As your trip on the river draws to an end, you’ll head back to the Resort to relax and refresh in your private country charming cottage before dinner.
For dinner, a short stroll from your cottage, you’ll indulge in a traditional Nova Scotia lobster boil with East Coast music, followed by an exclusive fireside local rum and wine tasting where you can unwind, connect and soak in the wonder that is the “Shubie” River and the highest tides in the world.
The full river tour will cover approximately 9 km, (6 miles) and takes about 3 hours to complete. With the world’s highest recorded tides, you’ll witness one of nature’s unique shows not found anywhere else in the world.
Your 1-night Fundy Tides & Fireside Package Includes:
● Expert Guides
○ Your professional rafting guide will lead you through the landscape of the
Shubenacadie river and provide interesting insights about the area and the
animals that call the river and its mighty banks home.
● Food and Drink
○ Gourmet seafood lunch on a private sandbar paired with Tidal Bay Wines (Nova Scotia’s first wine appellation)
○ Authentic Nova Scotia lobster boil supper with traditional side dishes, served at the most prominent landmark at the resort: The Sandbar Restaurant. This licensed, A-framed, restaurant with immense covered waterfront deck has become the informal gathering place for lively discussions, friendly conversation and spontaneous entertainment perched above the river with spectacular views.
○ Accompanied with local wines & beer
○ Evening fireside rum and wine tasting under the elements of the Nova Scotia night sky, gather around the large/natural outdoor fire (or in the Rafter’s Lodge due to inclement weather)
● Overnight Stay
○ Enjoy the rustic charm of the cozy appointed cottages, to the natural splendor of the Shubenacadie River, the TBRR provides the perfect setting for a nature getaway (fully equipped cottages, wifi, air conditioned/heated units, HDTV).
○ Accommodation: 1, 2, & 5 bedroom cottages
○ Unlimited use of the 180 acre property, for hiking, walking, sight-seeing, and all common area amenities.
● Exclusive Insights
○ Enjoy stories of Nova Scotia’s famous food and rum making cult
○ Learn about the tidal bore, the natural environment and the wildlife that reside in and around the river
● Fully-Supported Experience
○ Transport Canada approved life jackets, rain gear or warm flotation suits are provided by the resort, friendly knowledgeable staff, full safety briefing is provided prior to your tour, hot showers (eco-friendly outdoor rinse station prior to entering your cottage), extra footwear if needed. Free coffee tea hot chocolate and lemonade.
2019 Experience Dates & Pricing
This is an authentic Nova Scotia experience with limited space available – book your tour early!
|1 Person Package||$389||Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure package (stay in 1 bedroom cottage)|
|2 Person Package||$679||Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure package (stay in 1 bedroom cottage)|
|8 Person Value Package||$2300||Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure package (Stay in 2, 2- bedroom cottages or equivalent)|
*Prices are subject to the Nova Scotia Provincial sales tax (15%)
*Package pricing for 2 or 8 guests is based on one booking transaction/one credit card
*if you are 4 or more people please call 902 758 8433 for personal discussion as there are accommodation options to consider.
*additional nights in cottages may be added at a 10% discounted rate.
*Participants should check in one hour before departure time.
Book online or call the reservation desk: 902-758-8433
|Tour Date||Departure Time||Check-In Time|
|1:10 pm||12:10 pm|
|12:55 pm||11:55 am|
|12:40 pm||11:40 am|
|Saturday, August 31||10:35 pm||9:30 am|
Good to know
Expect to get wet and bring a change of clothes, footwear, towel, shower items and either sneakers or strap on sandals for the tour. Your clothes and shoes will get dirty! Trips run rain or shine.
What people are saying
“I laughed so much; my face was literally sore at the end of the day from smiling ear to ear! We had so much fun mud sliding and rafting the rapids created by the tidal bore” Rachel_Moore, Instagrammer
“If you google “things to do in Nova Scotia” you’ll quickly realize that tidal bore rafting is on the list – it’s a thrilling adventure that’s completely unique to the area and coupled with mud sliding really allows you to let go of your inhibitions and just embracing your inner kid again. But, for me what really stood out was the perfect blend of adventure AND luxury. The private sandbar lunch with wine pairings and the post-adventure lobster boil followed by a rum tasting by the fire was a perfectly Nova Scotian day. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone with a streak of adventure in their blood! I write articles often about ‘How to spend a perfect day in Nova Scotia’ and this was one of those perfect days”! Sara MacIsaac, @dashboardlife (Dashboard Living – Luxury & Adventure Travel Blog)
“Our guide took the Zodiac boat out to a small sandbar where we spent a few minutes walking around, admiring the calm before the proverbial storm. Within just a few minutes, that sandbar would disappear completely, and we would be on our way, engaging in what is a wet thrill ride. The guide rode the newly created waves, happily drenching us in the process and started what was a 45-minute adrenalin rush as we sought out new eddies and rode the waves along the way. It’s an unlikely experience, but an incredibly fun one and while no one walks away dry, it’s well worth sacrificing a set of clothes for the adventure”. Matt Long, @Landlopers
Cancellation Policy A 50% deposit is required to confirm your Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure booking. Cancellation in writing must be given 30 or more days prior to the scheduled date to receive a deposit refund less an administration fee of $50 or 4% of the total booking value (whichever is greater). Any cancellations or change in numbers made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled rafting date will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations inside 24 hours and no shows will forfeit the deposit, and be charged the remaining balance in full. Based on availability and based on a minimum of 6 passengers in total to activate the trip. Our trips run, rain or shine.
Special diets and/or food allergies The Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure Tour is a seafood themed activity. We may be able to accommodate dietary restrictions; however, there is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate all food intolerance / special diets.