Why Raft With Us?
37 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND COUNTING!
Come raft the highest tides in the world with us and join us for season #37! Since 1985, we’ve shared what we believe is the best tidal bore rafting experience in the industry where guests often create lasting bonds with other guests. But what really sets us apart isn’t our amenities, our location or our facilities. It’s the long history of offering an unforgettable experience and river-guiding excellence….plus it’s the site where the activity was invented by our original founder, Hilbert Knol, the original Raft Master!
The resort and cottages are open all year around. Tidal bore rafting tours are offered from May 1st through October 31st from the property’s hilltop location overlooking the Shubenacadie River in Urbania, Nova Scotia. There are 14 cottages and chalets (one, two, and five bedroom) on the property, all self-sufficient units, all insulated for year around comfort, all very private and all within listening distance of the famous sounds of the Shubenacadie Tidal Bore.
WE SET THE BAR HIGH – SAFETY & EXPERIENCE
- We specialize in creating unforgettable tidal bore rafting experiences in Nova Scotia, and we take pride in giving you the best adventure possible
- Riding the highest tides in the world with us means you are rafting with the largest, most experienced, company operating on the river
- Expert Rafting Guides – all our River Rafting Guides are certified through our class room and on water training and certification program and must pass in the areas of Safety, Boatsman-ship, and Customer Acumen
- Our Rafting Guides are first aid and CPR qualified as per Transport Canada Regulations
- Our River Guides are required to hold valid Boating Operator Competency Cards
- Abundant, complimentary Transport Canada approved life preservers, thermal outfits and rain gear
- We deliver a comprehensive safety briefing on board the vessel at the start of every trip
- We follow Transport Canada regulations and accordingly and not take more than 8 passengers in a boat
- Passengers in our boat are properly situated and briefed on safety and emergency procedures from the get go
- TBRR provides the longest trips on the river time wise, and the longest distance wise, a full 2.5 hour trip for $70 and a full 4 hour trip for $95
- This year, we expanded our 2 hour trip to 2.5 hours long with no price increase
- All rafting passengers in July and August receive a free hot dog lunch with condiments, potato chips, soft drink and a frozen treat. Need more? Reload for $5
- Our rides include mud-sliding if desired at a remote location close to our base
- Twelve de-mudding showers on site, lots of washrooms, and rental towels available
- Taking a trip with us means you will see the tidal bore on every single trip because of where we are situated inland (this is not a guarantee with other operators)
- See the river before the bore arrives, and walk on the river bed floor at our private sandbar
- Learn about the bald eagles, the river, the gypsum cliffs, titanium infused sand
- We are the only company that delivers the experience by starting at low tide, and we return to our base at high tide – offering the best viewing seats to see the power of the Bay of Fundy tides in action
- Save money, stay and play packages, group, and child rates offered
- New riverfront licensed pool side deck
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
- Free use of our picnic tables
- riverfront swimming pool and decks
- 2 large licensed decks serving beer, wine, and munchies
- 14 lovely cottages and chalets for rent with wifi, private fire pits, air conditioning, and private deck with BBQ (10% off if you “stay and ride”)
- Hiking trails-visitors can explore 180 acres of land, including 6 km of groomed hiking trails, many of which wind their way through mature hardwood forest
- Fundy Tides and Fireside Adventure package offered exclusiely at the Tidal Bore Rafting Resort
- We are close to Hwy 102 at exit 10 and plenty of parking (bus, RV, & tractor trailer accessible)
- Special event catering facility for business, group functions, and team building
- The Sandbar Restaurant, as we call it, is a special event food and beverage venue with a huge three level covered out-door deck with an unparalleled view of the Shubenacadie River
- Two, one-bedroom log chalets and a five bedroom, 4000 square ft log home, perfect for business meetings and family events. The five bedroom chalet is unique in the province and has become a real asset to event planners in Nova Scotia who are interested in holding a special event in a quiet rural setting away from urban distractions. The chalets are constructed of specially prepared Russian Pine and were assembled on-site by a team of Russian builders. The Russian Sauna, converted into another rent-able dwelling in 2016, was the most recent expansion. It’s often referred to as “The Honeymoon Suite”.
- We are located 45 minutes north of Halifax
- Half hour north of Stanfield International Airport
- Half hour south of Truro